Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Migraines (Or, This Is Why I Am Not A Poet)

To the tune of Sound of Silence, by Simon and Garfunkel:

Hello, migraine, my old friend. 
You've come to hobble me again. 
Vicious headache, softly creeping. 
Gripped my skull while I was sleeping. 
And the nausea, always traveling with the pain
Still remains.
And keeps me in the thrall of Migraine

Wracked by pain, I lay alone
No one can hear my woeful moans. 
I've become sensitive to light and sound
As the throbbing in my skull still pounds.
I have taken all the meds that I can take
And hope to wake
And to escape from the grasp of this migraine. 

Then the nausea starts to wane;
I start to feel whole again. 
And my vision starts to clear at last
Desperately hoping that the worst has passed.
My limbs are shaking, from the drugs that clear my head. 
Glad I'm not dead. 
I've barely overcome this migraine. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Keep it civil, people. We're nerds, not trolls, fer cryin' out loud.